This week I will go ahead and introduce myself. My name is Jeri and I currently live in Stafford, VA. I have a 2 year old son named Carter. He is ALL boy, loves his toys with wheels and any kind of ball he can find. I am currently unemployed as I decided to return to school full time. My goal is to obtain my associates degree in Business Administration so that I could start a photography business. That brings me to one of my hobbies: Photography. I have always loved taking pictures but just recently within the past couple of years actually got into the more creative aspect of taking photos. I love going out in nature and capturing those beautiful landscapes that people rarely get to see. Also, I am trying to branch out to family, children, and senior style photos. I believe by taking this Sociology class that it will help me to better understand people and their surroundings; therefore, being able to capture their true personality to create a remarkable, "spot-on" photograph.
My other hobbies include playing with my son of course, surfing the internet, making crafts (primitive styles), visiting battlefields or even old cemetaries. I am into alot of different things so these are definitely just a few.
I look forward to the class this semester and getting to know more about my classmates. I am pretty much an open book so if anyone has questions please feel free to ask.
Have a wonderful day!!
~}i{ Jeri }i{~
Thanks for talking about your love for photography. I enjoy it too and have always wanted to "take the next step" in making really good, creative pictures. I still like to take them though. I live adjacent to a battlefield too so I'm sure there is lots of stuff to capture right here. One of my favorite pictures I have taken actually was a simple picture of a field where the two armies had fought a bloody battle in Gettysburg. Look forward to following your blog! Good luck in the class!
ReplyDeleteJeri: Your description of your interests indicates that you're a history buff. Whenever my wife and I travle, we go to great lengths to find out about the local history of the city we're in. It's been a real treat. Thanks for writing. I look forward to working with you this semester. Cordially, Richard Bobys
ReplyDelete